Sarah Kunst, founding partner of Cleo Capital, has worn many hats. She has been an entrepreneur, board member, writer to Marie Clare, senior advisor to Bumble, and a consultant in marketing, business development, and more.
With all this experience, she knows only too well that the fundraising process begins long before your first pitch meeting. Because of this, we are very excited to have Art coming to us in July at the start of the phase to discuss how we can prepare for fundraising.
This is not the first time art has brought us up on the subject. In a recent episode of Extra Crunch Live, Kunst and one of the founders of their portfolio company, Julia Collins, described how the fundraising process can be carried out.
For example, there’s a story to tell, metrics to share, and an art to build momentum before you ever start filling your calendar. All of this requires preparation, and Art will explain how to do it at our July event.
The early stage goes down twice this year, our first event will take place tomorrow! Here are some of the topics we’ll cover:
- Bootstrapping Best Practices (Tope Awotona and Blake Bartlett, Calendly)
- Four Things to Think About Before Starting a Series A (Bucky Moore, Kleiner Perkins)
- How to Get an Investor’s Attention (Marlon Nichols, MaC Venture Capital)
- How To Nail Your Virtual Pitch Meeting (Melissa Bradley, Ureeka)
- How founders can think like a VC (Lisa Wu, Norwest Venture Partners)
- Never lose the all-22 perspective or perspective (Eghosa Omoigui, EchoVC Partners)
- Funding for founders (Alexa von Tobel, Inspired Capital)
- Development and management of a sales team (Ryan Azus, Zoom CRO)
- 10 Things NOT to Do When Starting a Business (Leah Solivan, Fuel Capital)
- Leadership culture and good governance (David Easton, Generation Investment Management)
The cool thing about Early Stage is that there are a lot of questions and answers for the audience, so everyone has the opportunity to ask their own specific questions. Oh, and ticket holders get free access to Extra Crunch.
Interested? You can buy a ticket here.